Group Health Insurance
As part of our continued commitment toward assisting members in the development and implementation of effective business practices, ALCA has made it a priority to create an Association Health Plan that will ultimately:
- Allow smaller groups to access large group purchasing power
- Increase the negotiating power of larger groups to achieve greater cost savings
- Reduce insurance risk charges
- Offer cost effective plan design solutions, disease management resources, and expanded renewal strategies
- Expanded medical plan reporting & utilization data to help manage group medical programs more effectively
- Return savings to ALCA that will help offset ongoing costs related to operating the association
Phase I – Gathering ALCA Member Claims History & Experience (12-18 months)
Over the next several months we will be working to gather the claims experience & history of as many ALCA members as possible. In order for an Association plan to become a reality, we first require a minimum of 500 insured employees, for which we have the experience & utilization information to present to reinsurers.
The quicker we can get to this number, the quicker we can move toward our goal of an Association Plan. We believe that with the help and support of our growing membership, we can get to this number within 12 months, if not sooner. If you would like to help us achieve our goal, while at the same time improve your own benefit strategy, please contact Judy Gausman at 602-626-7091for additional details.
We appreciate your continued loyalty and support!